Recipe ingredients and directions:
Sunny Holiday Punch
1 can (46-oz) Dole Pinapple Juice, chilled
1 bottle (28-oz) mineral water or club soda, chilled
1 can (6-oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 lemon or lime, thinly sliced
2 cups fresh or frozen berries
1 bottle (750ml) chilled champagne, optional (Note: I substitute a bottle
of 7-UP here)
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl.
Another note: I find this punch to be a little on the tart side so I
add a tablespoon or 2 of sugar to the mix.
GOLDEN GLOW PUNCH
25 servings (about 1/2 cup each)
(For more servings, just keep the same proportions. The book also suggests
using 2 large punch bowls when serving 150, and putting a different flavor
of sherbet in each bowl.)
1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 quart apple juice, chilled
2 quarts ginger ale, chilled
1 pint lemon or orange sherbet, if desired
Ice Ring (instructions following), if desired
- Pour the concentrate and the apple juice into the punch bowl.
- Stir the ginger ale into the bowl.
- Spoon in sherbet or add an Ice Ring.
- Serve immediately.
- A ring mold (one that fits into the punch bowl you'll be using)
- Fruit slices
- Arrange thin overlapping slices of lime, orange, and lemon in a ring mold.
- Pour water into mold to partially cover fruit (about 1/4 inch); freeze.
- When frozen, add more water to fill mold 3/4 full; freeze.
- Unmold ring and float fruit side up in punch.
- For a crystal-clear ice ring, boil and cool the water before pouring
- For a more colorful ring, add about 1/3 cup cranberries with the fruit
slices, or alternate fruit slices and whole strawberries in the mold.
- Carnations, roses, mums, or other flowers can be frozen in an ice ring,
too. Wash flowers, remove stems, and place blossom side down in mold.
Category: Beverages & Drinks Recipes