Paleo Diet Breakfast Recipe Ideas: Healthy Plantain Crepes Using Ghee!
If you’re a lover of crepes but are looking to get away from the high amounts of flour that are in them, this paleo crepes recipe is for you! One of many delicious, healthy ghee recipes out there, this dish is one of the best Whole30 meal ideas we’ve seen! In the video, Rachel shows you how to prepare these nutritious crepes that don’t sacrifice flavor!
Visit http://www.pureindianfoods.com/whole30-paleo-program-s/54.htm to browse through many paleo diet breakfast recipes like this, and shop for our paleo-approved ghee that is available in a wide variety of tasty flavors!
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp. PrimalFat Coconut Ghee
Homemade Nutella (cocoa powder, more PrimalFat Coconut Ghee, honey, salt)
Coconut whipped cream
Almond butter and jelly
1) Cut ends off of plantain, and then score it on four sides, cutting through to the point where it meets flesh. Peel off the sides of the plantain, cut it into pieces, and place into food processor. Blend it into a paste
2) As the plantain blends, preheat your crepe pan to low-medium heat. When the plantain reaches a ricey consistency, pour in 1/4 cup of water, 2 tbsp. of PrimalFat Coconut Ghee (done easiest if melted) and 2 eggs.
3) Scrape sides of food processor to check consistency; it should be a thin consistency. After placing a tiny amount of Coconut Ghee into the preheated pan, wipe the pan down to avoid a buildup of the cooking oil.
4) Pour the paste into the pan and swirl it around, ensuring you have a thin layer all around the pan. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes, and then flip over when you see a golden edge forming around the outside.
5) After flipping with a fish spatula, the second side could take as little as 10-20 seconds to cook. Once cooked, place on a plate and serve to your liking!
WITH ADDED NUTELLA, BANANAS & HONEY
1) Spread a layer of homemade Nutella across all area of the crepe, add sliced banana pieces to one half of the crepe, add a pinch of salt and a drizzle of honey.
2) Fold the crepe, cut it in half and enjoy!
Prep time: About 8-9 minutes