Ethiopian Red Rooster Restauranteur Marcus Samuelsson | Ep. 6 Part 1/3 On The Table |Reserve Channel
Eric Ripert invites Marcus Samuelsson, owner and chef of the Red Rooster in Harlem, NY, to his kitchen to cook a fusion dish consisting of ingredients from Sweden, Ethiopia, and parts of Asia. While they prepare their meal, Ripert gets Samuelsson to discuss his experience as an Ethiopian child adopted by a Swedish family. Marcus credits his days cooking with his Grandmother Helga as the reason he is a chef today.
RECIPE: Cold Teff Noodle with Rare Seared Salmon
1 package teff ramen noodles (or any variation of fresh ramen noodles)
1 tablespoon chopped dill
2 teaspoons mirin
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
3 teaspoons blonde miso
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon berbere (or paprika)
6 arugula leaves, ripped
2 inches cucumber, thinly sliced
2 inches of daikon, thinly sliced
1/2 apple, peeled and finely diced
4 mint leaves, ripped
2 (4-ounce) West Coast salmon filets
1 tablespoon butter
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add ramen noodles and cook for 45 seconds. Drain, transfer to large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 tablespoon dill, mirin, soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon wasabi, 1 teaspoon white miso, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon berbere (or paprika).
3. Add the spice mixture, ripped arugula, cucumber, daikon, apple and mint to bowl with noodles. Toss to combine and set aside.
4. In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 teaspoon wasabi, 2 teaspoons miso, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon berbere (or paprika). Brush salmon filets with mixture.
5. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add chopped dill and salmon, and sear for two minutes on one side. Remove from pan and transfer to serving bowl.
On The Table w/ Eric Ripert
Celebrated chef and television personality Eric Ripert of New York City’s acclaimed Le Bernardin invites celebrity friends into his home kitchen where together they prepare the guest’s signature dish — one that defines them — all the while discussing food, creativity, life and passion.With a great meal and maybe too much wine, everything is “On the Table.”
Reserve Channel provides once-in-a-lifetime access to some of the more extraordinary people and places life has to offer. Whether it’s traveling to exotic locales, getting inside the studio with iconic artists, or cooking alongside culinary legends, Reserve Channel has you on the list. This is where the content appetite of the cultural creatives is satisfied.
Reserve Channel Social Media:
FOLLOW US TWITTER: http://full.sc/VXoWpU
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: http://full.sc/PUaj19
*CHECK OUT OUR OTHER SHOWS*
HOOKED UP w/ Tom Colicchio: http://full.sc/XhdFkJ
ACROSS THE BOARD with Joy Bryant: http://full.sc/TUWErV
ARTST TLK with Pharrell Williams: http://full.sc/XhdMwW
BE WELL WEEK with Dr. Lipman: http://full.sc/VXoKqu
ON THE TABLE with Eric Ripert: http://full.sc/VX9zO9
CAPTURE with Mark Seliger: http://full.sc/PTZD2q