Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Chicken Alfredo (IF)
In this video, I demonstrate that good Italian is indeed possible on Atkins or a low carb diet. The unique ingredient in this Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is the cream cheese in the sauce. As I mentioned in the video, there are lots of different options for to place the sauce on:
— Spaghetti Squash (demonstrated in the video)
— Dreamfield Pasta
— or one of my favorite, Riced Cauliflower.
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (low fat acceptable)
* 1 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
* 3 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Quarter the Spaghetti Squash, and place in pot to cook for 20 minutes.
2. Fry chicken breast in olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
3. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add water. Add cream, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with additional cream if cooked too long.
4. Cook Broccoli.
5. Cut up chicken breasts and combine with broccoli and alfredo sauce.
Serves 8+ people.
Nutrition Facts: (based upon 8)
Calories 470, 38g Fat, 3.7g Total Carbs (.8g Fiber), 28g Protein
(IF = Induction Friendly)