Linda demonstrates how to make this simple and quick pie crust that never fails – so easy a child can do it, so quick you could have pie every night. Works for savory or sweet pies, one or two crusts.
Winter Family Easy Never-fail Pie Crust 8-9 inch two crust pie
1) In large bowl mix 2 cups all-purpose flour less 2 T. and 3/4 tsp salt
2) In glass measuring cup measure 1/2 cup oil (plus 1 T)
3) Add (measured separately) 1/4 cup milk, mix well with fork
4) Pour liquids all at once into bowl with flour and salt. Stir with fork until blended and pastry cleans side of bowl. (If pastry seems dry, 1-2 Tablespoons of oil can be added.)
5) Gather pastry into a ball and divide roughly into halves.
Roll halves into ball and flatten slightly. Place flattened round between two 15-inch lengths of waxed paper. Roll pastry 2 inches larger than inverted pie plate (you can turn paper with pastry and flip over to enable you to roll it out into a nice circle). Peel off top paper and replace. Flip over and peel off what was the bottom but is now the top paper. Place paper side up in pie plate. Peel off paper. Ease pastry loosely into plate
Video Rating: 4 / 5