Video & Recipe 009 – Vegetarian Bibimbap
FULL THAI RECIPE
FULL ENGLISH RECIPE BELOW
½ cup large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 ½ cup carrot, cut into 1-inch segments
1 ½ cup cucumber, cut into – (ในสูตรภาษาไทยไม่ได้ระบุ) inch segments
1 ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
1 cup golden needle mushroom cut into pieces
2 cup water
1 ½ cup zucchini, cut into 1 inch segments
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup spinach
2 cup Thai jasmine rice
1 sheet Nori seaweed, cut into strips
Sesame oil for stir frying and seasoning
Sea salt for seasoning
Poached egg and Kim ji for serve
Roasted white sesame and black sesame for sprinkle
Ingredients for spicy sauce
3 Tbsp Gochujang sauce (Korean chili sauce)
2 Tbsp syrup
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tsp scraped radish
2 Tsp scraped ginger
½ Tsp sea salt
1. Heat the sesame oil in a pan over low heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add carrot and cucumber, stir to combine together. Add onion and golden needle mushroom. Wait until they are cooked through but still crisp, turn off the heat. Spoon into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Scald zucchini, bean sprouts and spinach for about 1 minute. Scoop out and place in the cold water bowl to relieve the heat from vegetables. Drain the water and toss with sesame oil and salt together.
3. Make the spicy sauce, combine Gochujang sauce, syrup, sesame oil, radish, ginger and salt altogether. Spoon into a bowl.
4. Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add rice and spicy sauce. Stir them well, seasoned with salt.
5. Scoop fried rice in the bowl. Add stir-fried and scalded vegetables. Place the poached egg on top. Sprinkle with Nori seaweed, white sesame and black sesame. Serve with kim ji.