Enjoy the sweet delicious treat savory pastry .
These vegetarian pies have a flaky crust made with flour and shortening. It has a 100% vegetable filling. For a delicious filling use soya granules capsicum and paneer with Indian Spices.
For The Filling:
1. Heat oil and add onions and grated garlic.
2. Saute until golden.
3. Add finely chopped tomatoes, carrot and capsicum.
4. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Bring soy granules in a pot of water to boil. Allow it to cool.
6. Squeeze out the cooked granules and add it to the pan.
7. Add red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
8. Cover and cook until done.
9. Finally add crumbled paneer and coriander leaves, saute for a minute and remove from flame.
10. Allow it to cool down completely.
For The Pastry:
1. Mix salt and flour in a bowl.
2. Add the shortening and mic with the fingers to cut the shortening into the flour. Do not knead.
3. When the flour resembles large crumbs, add ice cold water little by little until the flour comes together to a crumbly dough.
4. Divide it into two portions one larger than the other.
5. Roll out the larger portion and cut 3″ circles out of the disc.
6. Grease tiny pie tins and line them with the circles. Press against the edges to remove the extra dough.
7. Fill the pastry tins with 1 tbs of filling.
8. Roll out the other portion and cut out smaller circles to fit the top of the pastry tins.
9. Place the smaller circles on top of the filled pastry shells and press the edges with a fork to close the opening.
10. Preheat oven to 200C.
11. Arrange the tins on a tray and bake until golden. It may take nearly 30 minutes to bake.
12. Remove from the tins and serve while still hot.