Strawberry-Jalapeno Barbecue Ribs ~ Recipe
One of my subscribers, Brian Williams asked if I would do a video of this recipe, and I’m really glad he did, because these ribs were excellent, and the Strawberry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce was delicious! Here is the link to this recipe that Brian sent me: http://www.recipe.com/strawberry-jalapeno-barbecue-ribs/
I’ve had a number of people wondering where I got the chain basting brush. I got mine locally, but you can order it online by following this Amazon.com link: http://amzn.to/1ngy9JA
I’ve also had people interested in the Guy Fieri Midnight series knives that I use. I got them from Amazon.com. Here is a link to the same set I purchased: http://amzn.to/1wptRAx
To visit the Grill Dome website, just click this link: http://www.grilldome.com
Please go over and check out Grill Dome’s FaceBook page, and give em a like! https://www.facebook.com/grilldome
Don’t forget to sign up to Grill Dome’s weekly newsletter for a weekly recipe, and specials http://bit.ly/Grill_Dome_News
Also, please go over and subscribe to the Grill Dome YouTube channel for some excellent video recipes, and a ton of information on their Grill Dome kamado grills: https://www.youtube.com/user/grilldome
Download our Smoky Ribs app here: http://smokyribs.mobapp.at/landing/Desktop#.UsQyFvRDtMg
2 Racks of pork spare ribs, membrane removed and cut into the St. Louis style
Chopped onion 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Garlic 2 Clove (10 gm), chopped
Jalapeno 3 , seeded and chopped
Extra virgin olive oil 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Beer 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Strawberry ale)
Ketchup 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Strawberry jam 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Steak sauce 2 Tablespoon
Chili powder 2 Teaspoon
Cayenne pepper 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Cumin powder 1 Teaspoon
Garlic salt 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat the grill dome to 250 F.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions and saute them until translucent.
3. Drop in garlic and stir for a couple of minutes. Add jalapenos and then beer.
4. Throw in ketchup, strawberry jam, steak sauce and chili powder. Mix everything well. Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes or until it thickens up a bit. Set the sauce aside.
5. Sprinkle the rub all over the ribs and pat it well.
6. Place the ribs on the grill dome and let them cook for about 2 hours.
7. Flip the ribs and cook for another couple of hours.
8. Baste the ribs with the sauce and let the ribs cook for another 10 minutes or so.
9. Let the ribs rest for about 10 minutes.
10. Slice the ribs and serve on a platter.
Things You Will Need
Difficulty Level: Medium
Dish: Barbecue Rib
Course: Main Dish
Ingredient: Pork spare ribs
Restriction: High Protein
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 260 Minutes
Ready In: 275 Minutes
You can also connect with me on FaceBook & Twitter!
“Music courtesy of Audio Network
Grill Dome provided this product for review purpose at no charge and without stipulation, nor has “Smoky Ribs” received any compensation for using their products.”