It’s our number one favorite comfort food, but we admit we used to buy it frozen. No more, now that we’ve seen how easy it is to make chicken pot pie, with a little help from our friend, Pillsbury’s Lauren Chattman.
Recipe: How to make easy chicken pot pie
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Fit pie crust into 9-inch glass pie plate.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Stir in chicken and thawed mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pie plate.
4. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
5. Cover crust edge with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Pillsbury’s chicken pot pie recipe serves six.
1 box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 can chicken broth
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
More Easy Howdini Recipe Videos
How to make stuffed crust pizza
How to make stromboli