Italian Food Recipes: Pasta Recipes: Spicy Crab Pasta
I love pasta recipes and this dish is not a traditional Italian pasta dish but it sure is a delicious one. This is spicy crab pasta! In many ways you could called it Thai Pasta as I am using many of the flavors of Southeast Asia in many of my pasta recipes. The flavors of garlic and basil along with the spicy nature of both red and green chilies with tomatoes and olive oil and let’s not forget the crab claw meat. If you love pasta recipes as much as I do then you should try this recipe out I promise you will love it! You can find the recipe below.
The Knives I Use In My Kitchen
The Gear I Use To Sharpen My Knives:
DMT W6X: http://amzn.to/1anfp2A
DMT W6F: http://amzn.to/15hhl74
DMT W6E: http://amzn.to/1bSILDL
DMT W8CXNB: http://amzn.to/19gxz4y
DMT W8EFNB: http://amzn.to/129DEJP
DMT W250CXNB: http://goo.gl/eS2Tu
DMT D8EE: http://amzn.to/16FW1LO
Spyderco 302UF: http://amzn.to/18Xq59O
Spyderco 302U: http://amzn.to/18XqbhG
Surgical Black Arkansas: http://amzn.to/129FPNu
SPICY CRAB PASTA
1 LB of any kind of pasta.
4 Garlic cloves finely minced.
1 or 2 Each of green and red chili peppers per serving to taste.
4 Spring onions sliced thinly.
1 Medium shallot finely chopped.
4 Seeded and chopped plumb tomatoes.
6 Tbsp. any kind of tomato sauce.
Approx 2 oz dry white wine.
8 oz White crab meat.
Handful of chopped basil.
A small amount of chopped cilantro.
A pinch of white pepper to taste.
A pinch black pepper to taste.
1 lime for optional lime squeeze on top of pasta if desired.
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. When it comes to rolling boil add pasta cook until al dente.
3. Heat another large pan with a healthy measure of 4 to 6 Tbsp. olive oil.
4. Add scallions to skillet and mix.
5. Add chopped chilies and mix well.
6. Add your garlic and mix well.
7. Add your chopped tomatoes now and mix well.
8. Saute mixture for 1 or 2 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Now add your wine and stir in well allow to cook out for a minute or two.
10. Now add your crab meat and mix into the sauce well and allow to heat through.
11. Add your basil and cilantro to the sauce and mix in just before plating.
12. Now drain your pasta and put back into the pot.
13. Drizzle some olive oil on the pasta and toss.
14. Now in another skillet add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and heat.
15. Put a generous serving of pasta in the heated oil skillet and mix.
16. Get some of the spicy crab sauce on the pasta and mix it up.
16. Plate your pasta and enjoy!
Just before serving squeeze the juice of half fresh lime on top of pasta.
A drizzle of either olive oil or sesame seed oil after the lime juice for a nutty flavor.