♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn) is Japanese-invented Western-style deep fried dish, such as Tonkatsu.
It is a very popular deep fried main dish in Japan as well as Japanese restaurants worldwide.
Perfect for Bento box as well 🙂
Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn)
Number of servings: 6 pieces
6 large black tiger prawn
salt and cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce if preferred
shredded cabbage and tomatoes
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 2 tbsp. minced onion
* 1 chopped dill pickles
* 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
* salt and pepper
1. Wash, peel (leave the tails) and devein the prawn. Make 4-5 incisions (about 1/3 depth) in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Flour the prawn lightly, dip in beaten egg, then coat with Panko. Use one hand for coating flour and Panko, and use the other to dip in egg to keep one of your hands dry.
3. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F) for 2-3 min until cooked golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain.
4. Serve on plate with shredded cabbage and tomatoes. Eat with lemon juice, tartar sauce and/or Tonkatsu sauce. Anyway you like ;D
the batter is enough to make more than 6! 8 or 10 is good 🙂
More Deep Fried Recipes:
How to Make Broccoli Menchi Katsu
How to Make Love Heart Cutlet
Bite-Sized Cheese Cutlet Balls
How to Make Japanese Korokke
How to Make Tonkatsu
How to Make Kaki Furai
FYI (products I used in my videos):
♥Visit my Blog to know more about ME♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥
Video Rating: 4 / 5