Appetizer recipes: How to make Thai pizza appetizers
Are you tired of pigs-in-a-blanket and looking for something different to spice up your appetizer tray? Lauren Chattman from Pillsbury shows us how to make Thai pizza appetizers that have a sweet and spicy kick.
Shopping List / Items Needed:
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1/2 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 small)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 medium)
1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber (1/2 small)
1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 ungreased pizza pan
Small mixing bowl
Thai pizza appetizer recipe:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 4 long rectangles. Place rectangles in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
3. If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough. Place rectangles in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
4. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread, peanut butter, ginger and ground red pepper. Spread over cooled crust. Top with carrot, bell pepper, cucumber and peanuts.
6. Serve appetizers immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into squares.
This appetizer recipe will make about ten individual Thai pizza bites.
More Howdini Appetizer Recipe Videos
How to make Mediterranean pinwheel appetizers
How to make sweet and sour shrimp puff appetizers
How to make onion tartlet appetizers